9/28/06

summer traning

I just finished my summer training at Al Faisal office ( architecture ), to be honest I never thought I’ll have the chance to work with this great architect , I took 3 classes with him at university I was amazed by the way he made me love the subjects, he has a great way to explain the things ,I guess it’s because he experienced the architecture in USA and Dubai and he worked with big companies , I just feel lucky that I was chosen by him for this summer training .
By the moment I started they wore working on a real big project “ urban design “ I was so scared ,especially that he asked me to design a tower from the first day ! I was like “ OH MY GOD “ coming out with the design idea takes like 60% of the time ..and yes I took sometime but at the end he “thank GOD” liked it and there we go ,he started explaining to me how do get to the idea faster, how to make things easier and too simple .

One day I didn’t feel like doing anything with the computer ,so I just printed out the perspective and started working on it with the pencil and the colors . my other boss was looking at me from his office and then he said : did u learn this at school ? who taught u how to use the pastel colors ? . (honestly no one taught me)
The office was really quite ,I was making the noise there LOL ,maybe coz I’m a social person !
there were very nice people . I thank them a lot especially Waseem ,he was more than nice and he taught me alotta things ( thank u Waseem )
The big surprise was when my boss asked me to work on the main proposal ..the one that they’ll do the presentation on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was like ( WHAT ? ME ? )I went back home freaked out .. it was a real big project . and all of the important personalities will be there I know no body will know that I did it but I don’t wanna let them down if I didn’t do the perfect way !!
So the dead line was 2 days before I finished it .(thank GOD )
The last day, my boss asked me something , he said ( so what did u learn in these 45 days working with us ? ) my answer was way too simple ( I can be great ).he was amazed by my answer and said ( that is a big word and the right word )
Now back to school with more respect to my self and the way I think and design !!
I really thank ( architect. Faisal Al bannani ,architect. Faisal Al Mraid ) very much for welcoming me and teach me what I really needed to learn .
Also thank Waseem, Akram,Alaa, and Fawzi for their help and the great time .

No comments: